FREE Basic Bicycle Maintenance Workshop – 1 or 2 hour
A fun-filled course is aimed at individuals who are completely new to cycling with little, or no knowledge of bicycle repair and maintenance. It will give you the confidence to know that if something goes wrong with your bike you can get yourself home.
It’s a practical hands-on basic mechanics class so be prepared to get a little dirty!
To book on on one of the workshops, or if you feel you would like us to host a workshop for your staff or organisation just email email@example.com
These workshop are an Isle of Wight Council funded project designed to show you how to keep your bike on the road.
What you will learn on a 1 hour session:
• The names of the important parts of a bike
• How to work on a bike – in a workstand, on the side of the road or even upside down.
• Wheel removal and the difference between quick release solid axles and through axles
• How to mend a puncture – tyre removal and use of tyre levers, removing, repairing and/or replacing an inner tube
• The ‘must have’ list of basic tools and essential spares
• How to do a monthly ‘M’ check
• Pre-ride ‘ABCDE Check’.
At the end of the 1 hour workshop you will receive a certificate and a FREE pack of practical bike tools worth £10.
2 hour sessions will also include:
• How to check for wear and tear
• The importance of a clean bike / where and when to lubricate
• Brakes – set up and adjustment
• Gears – set up and indexing
• How to make your bike fit
• Fault finding on your bicycle
• Parts that are most likely to wear or need replacing most often and how to identify if they need replacement
At the end of the 2 hour workshop you will receive a certificate and a FREE pack of practical bike tools worth £22.
Sunday 24th April 2022
Sandown Methodist Church, 8 York Road, Sandown – 1pm – 4pm
OTHER VENUES TO FOLLOW, PLEASE CHECK REGULARLY FOR UPDATES.
Here’s some venues we’ve already been to:
Thursday 20th January 2022
Bembridge Village Hall, High Street Bembridge PO35 5SN – 12pm to 2pm
y 21st January 2022
The Barn House, Park Dean Resorts Lower Hyde, Landguard Road, Shanklin PO37 7LL – 10am to 12pm & 12:30pm to 2.30pm
Thursday 27th January 2022 Brading Town Hall, West Street, Brading, Isle of Wight PO36 0DG – 10am to 12pm & 12:30pm to 2.30pm Thursday 17th February 2022
Northwood Village Hall, 364 Newport Road, Cowes PO31 8PL – 10am – 12pm
Sunday 20th February 2022
East Cowes Town Hall, York Avenue, East Cowes PO32 6RU – 10am – 12pm
Wednesday 23rd February 2022
Freshwater Memorial Hall, 2 Avenue Road, PO40 9UU – 10am – 12pm and 12.30pm – 2pm
Friday 25th February 2022
Shanklin Methodist Church, 21 Regent Street, Shanklin PO37 7AF – 10am – 12pm
Wednesday 23rd March 2022
Boniface Fields, St Boniface Rd, Ventnor PO38 1PW – 10am – 12pm and 1 – 3pm
Friday 25th March 2022
1st Newport Scouts hut, Woodbine Cl, Newport PO30 1AN – 10am – 12pm and 1 – 3pm
Start here. Go anywhere.