FREE Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop – 2 hour
To book email email@example.com
This fun-filled course is aimed at individuals who are completely new to cycling with little, or no knowledge of bicycle repair and maintenance.
It focusses on all the jobs that can be completed without the need of a professional cycle workshop, either at home or out on the road, using just a few basic tools. It will give you the confidence to know that if something goes wrong on your bike road you can get yourself home.
It’s a practical hands-on basic mechanics class where you can learn how to keep your bike on the road.
There will be lots of opportunities to ask questions and there will be extra cycling tips and tricks.
What you will learn:
• The names of the important parts of a bike
• How to work on a bike – in a workstand, on the side of the road or even upside down.
• How two make your bike fit
• Fault finding on your bicycle
• Wheel removal and the difference between quick release solid axles and through axles
• How to mend a puncture – tyre removal and use of tyre levers, removing, repairing and/or replacing an inner tube
• Brakes – set up and adjustment
• Gears – set up and indexing
• How to do an ‘M’ check
• Pre ride ‘ABC Quick Check’
• How to check for wear and tear
• The importance of a clean bike / where and when to lubricate
• The ‘must have’ list of basic tools and essential spares
• Parts that are most likely to wear or need replacing most often and how to identify if they need replacement
At the end of the workshop you will receive a certificate and a FREE pack of practical bike tools worth £25.
Our next FREE Workshop date:
Tuesday 18th January 2022
Bembridge Village Hall, High Street Bembridge PO35 5SN – 10am to 12pm.
IF YOU FEEL YOU WOULD LIKE TO HOST A WORKSHOP FOR YOUR STAFF OR ORGANISATION PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER VENUES TO FOLLOW, PLEASE CHECK REGULARLY FOR UPDATES.
Thursday 20th January 2022
Bembridge Village Hall, High Street Bembridge PO35 5SN – 12pm to 2pm
Friday 21st January 2022
The Barn House, Park Dean Resorts Lower Hyde, Landguard Road, Shanklin PO37 7LL – 10am to 12pm & 12:30pm to 2.30pm
Thursday 27th January 2022
Brading Town Hall, West Street, Brading, Isle of Wight PO36 0DG – 10am to 12pm & 12:30pm to 2.30pm
Friday 4th February 2022
5th Ryde Scouts Headquarters, 2 St John’s Rd, Ryde PO33 2RL
Thursday 10th February 2022
Northwood Village Hall – 10am to 12pm
Thursday 14th February 2022
Northwood Village Hall – 12pm to 2pm
Sunday 20th February 2022
East Cowes Town Hall, York Ave, East Cowes PO32 6RU – 10am to 12pm & 12.30 to 14.30
Wednesday 23rd February 2022
Yarmouth Community Hall, St James’ St, Yarmouth PO41, UK – 10am to 12pm & 12.30pm to 2pm
16th March 2022
The Isle of Wight College, Medina Way, Newport PO30 5TA
Start here. Go anywhere.